A professional carpet, upholstery and hard floor cleaning Blog for all those who need advice and guidance of best practices and products used in our industry.
Friday, 8 January 2016
Bissell's Home Care Emergency Spot & Stain Cleaner 3698 Series machine
As a professional who provides a spot & stain removal service, I thought I'd buy this as a handy flushing-out machine rather than use my professional machine. On first use I was seriously disappointed. This product is only suited for attempting small fresh stains -and that's being generous. The suction/vacuum aspect is terrible; combined with the sprayer on the tool you are in danger of over-wetting the targeted stained area, which may lead to wicking and subsequent browning rings on lighter carpets. This is due to the suction/vacuum not adequately removing enough water from the carpet. Indeed, because of the poor suction you are in danger of causing piling to any carpet you are treating; during my test I was tending to rub (in frustration) at the stained in order to extract the sprayed on water/formula.
The incorporated 'heat wave technology' (ha-ha) is so poor you definitely need to add warm -to-hot water to assist in the flushing out of all stains as a necessity. The built quality is adequate- although it could be misconstrued as being a toy. My test, although not scientific, leads me to consider that this machine struggles to remove any serious stains that had been left for a short period of time and that would, possible, require repeat treatments- its ok for the immediate lifting of fresh minor type stains. But you could achieve the same with a cloth/sponge and soapy water which you already have available!
Not a product you should buy at this price. I recommend (yes I know I would) sticking to using a professional service - I mean, for the cost of this machine (£99.00) you can have your stain removed by a professional stain removal company and still have money left over.
Once again ( I'm getting on my hobby-horse) we see the large companies trying to sell us goods, which in my opinion, that are not fit for purpose.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kitchen-BISSELL-3698E-Homecare-Emergency-Cleaner/dp/B00MGT9MUM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1452253013&sr=8-1&keywords=bissel+spot+cleaner
Regards
Tom
Acleanerplace.co.uk
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Victorian Hallway Floor Tile Deep Clean & Seal, Stirling
Victorian Hallway Floor Tile Deep Clean & Seal, Stirling This geometric Victorian tiled hallway at a property in Stirling was in...
-
Amtico (Luxury Vinyl Tiled) Floor Cleaned And Sealed, Dunblane I had the pleasure of being asked to clean and reseal an Amtico floor...
-
Carpet Cleaners And FAQ! The most often asked question I hear at Acleanerplace Cleaning Services in Stirling, is 'why don't you ...
-
Deep Cleaning Of Dirty Terracotta Floor Tiles, Stirlingshire Acleanerplace Cleaning Services were called to survey theses terrac...
No comments:
Post a Comment