Culross Abbey, Carpet Cleaning
Recently I had a request to clean the carpets in the tea shop a Culross Abbey, a 6th-century marvel. (http://www.undiscoveredscotland.co.uk/culross/culrossabbey/) Pronounced 'CooRuss' by the local inhabitants, 'Outlander' fans will be familiar with Culross as some of the township scenes were filmed there. It is a beautiful wee place which has great family facilities and a great kids/family play area and an easy, flat, cycle/walk route around Preston Island for everyone to enjoy.
Anyway, I was asked, in addition, to clean some (26) chair covers (photo below) inside the Abbey for which I duly set a price for only to be kicked in the shin by my better half. On demonstration as to why she had kicked me whilst in the middle of a big business deal, she educated me that I needed some brownie points to reserve my place in heaven and that I should gift the 'cleaning of said chair covers' as a contribution to the church. Oh well, only another 10 million brownie points needed! Notwithstanding, if you want a nice family day oot-an-about, then Culross is in easy reach and worth a visit.
![]() |
| Culross Mercat cross |
![]() |
| The chairs (red) covers inside the Abbey |
![]() |
| Culross Abbey |



No comments:
Post a Comment