Restoring The Appearance Of A Porcelain Ceramic Tiled Kitchen Floor, Bridge Of Allan, Stirlingshire
The customer contacted me to see if I could clean the porcelain
ceramic (riven) tiles and grout in her ground kitchen and extended ground floor
area of here large c. 1850 built home. Initially, I visited to conduct a
demonstration clean in an area, and as you can see (below) there was a
remarkable difference to the floor.
![]() |
| Demonstration Clean Patch |
The customer also had two very large dogs that had free
access to the ground floor areas which we agreed was contributing to the appearance of the one-year-old floor. Notwithstanding, riven type ceramic can
very easily, as was the case here, trap dirt and grease more than their flatter
counterparts. Moreover, I gleaned that
she had been using ‘shop bought’ cleaning products in an attempt to keep the
floor clean.
Being as the demonstration went well the customer was keen
to book a date for me to come back and clean the 58m2 area. I agree that a deep clean would be the order
to start with! I explained that as they were ceramic tiles, they did not require
a seal (as would be the case on other types of kitchen tiled floors), although
the grout lines would benefit from being sealed as these areas are the porous
‘weak spot’ of tiled floors. The client was happy that I would return a carry
out a deep clean of the floor and assess the state of the grout and we
scheduled the work in which would take a single day to complete.
Cleaning Of The Porcelain Ceramic Tiled Floor
On arrival on the day of the clean, an initial inspection of
the 58m2 area was carried out to establish and additional problems since the
demonstration clean.
Having set up my
equipment and established that the dogs were well out of the area, I took most
of that day. I worked in small 5m2 areas by first spraying the floor with a
high (professional grade) cleaner, allowing this to dwell on the tile surface
for between 5-10 minutes. I then went
over the treated areas with my professional rotary and edging machines fitted
with black scrubbing pads.
![]() |
| Ceramic Floor cleaning equipment |
After this a wet and vac machine was used to extract all the dirty water produced by the cleaning product; this was the followed-up a grout brush scrubbed along the grout lines and then by a wet mop rinsing in order to help ‘neutralise’ the alkaline cleaner and helps determine if the area, just cleaned, is of a satisfactory standard.
As I worked my way across the large floor area in sections,
I left an air blower in place over the completed section to quicken the drying
process. This process was repeated throughout the large area until I was able
to exit the ground floor by the rear external door.
Once dry the floor was inspected before we allowed the
customer to view it. As mentioned, there was no need to seal the floor as ceramic
tiles will not accept a sealer, however, the inspection did highlight the
difference in some areas of grout that were discoloured. I highlighted this to
the customer who will now consider having the grout lines re-coloured in the
future.
![]() |
| Ceramic Floor Before Clean |
![]() |
| Ceramic Floor After Clean |
The customer, having inspected the floor, was over-the-moon
with the difference that I had achieved, so much so that she has booked me to
come back on a regular (6 Monthly) basis to and clean the floor.
If you are considering or having problems with the
maintenance of your tiled floor, then get in touch with Acleanerplace Cleaning
Services and a floor technician will only be too happy to visit and survey your floor. Acleanerplace Cleaning Services
operate thought out the Forth Valley area of Scotland providing a variety of
specialist cleaning services.




No comments:
Post a Comment